During this time, information relating to the forthcoming guideline will appear here.
Fraud, bribery and money laundering – definitive guideline
Following consultation the Sentencing Council is publishing a new definitive guideline on fraud, bribery and money laundering offences. This also incorporates the guideline for offences committed by corporate offenders, which was published in January 2014.
The guideline is issued in accordance with section 120 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 and applies to all offenders aged 18 and older and to organisations who are sentenced on or after 1 October 2014.
All sentencers will receive hard copies of the guidelines.
- Definitive Guideline: Fraud, bribery and money laundering offences - Crown Court
- Update 12 – Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines
We are working on incorporating the changes into the Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines.
Response to consultation
The definitive guideline has taken on board the views of the judiciary, those working across the criminal justice system and other interested parties.
- Fraud, bribery and money laundering – Response to consultation
- Fraud, bribery and money laundering: corporate offenders - Response to consultation
A revised resource assessment and equality impact assessment have also been produced to support the definitive guideline.
- Definitive Guideline: Fraud, bribery and money laundering offences – resource assessment
- Definitive Guideline: Fraud, bribery and money launderng offences – equality impact assessment